Inappropriate use of technology or the use of threatening or abusive language on E-mail, the internet, or any other application will result in loss of technology privileges and may result in disciplinary action. Other prohibited behaviors include: The downloading of music, videos, or video games; the use of social media, and viewing or downloading of pornographic material. Students also may not bring beverages or food in the computer room.
Personal Electronic Devices and LMACS Owned Electronic Devices
The use of technology resources at LMACS and the freedom and responsibility to utilize personally owned electronic devices at LMACS is a privilege, not a right.
- Students should not under any circumstances photograph, film, or audio record other students or faculty during the school day with a personal or school-owned electronic device unless it is for a school sanctioned, class assignment and with consent of the administration.
- Mobile electronic devices are prohibited from use in bathrooms and stairways.
- Computers and iPads at Lowell Middlesex Academy are to be used for academic purposes only. Students are responsible for the use of an electronic device assigned to them even if they let someone else use it.
- Students may use personal cell phones, tablets, and laptops in class at the teacher’s discretion.
- Other prohibited behaviors include: The downloading of music, videos, or video games; the use of social media, and viewing or downloading of pornographic material.
Return to the Parent and Student Handbook.
Last Updated on January 9, 2023