Child labor laws limit the number of working hours of those under the age of 18 can work and the kinds of jobs that they can do. State law also requires employers to have Youth Employment Permits (work permits) on file for all workers under 18. In Massachusetts, children under 14 may not work, except in very limited cases.
LMACS is processing work permit request via the online application as follows. Your child may also pick up a copy of the permit application during school hours. Permit applications must be submitted online or returned in person with the promise of employment section completed by the hiring employer. If you do not have the ability to scan the documents, documents may be submitted in person with the completed application. If you have any questions, please email the school registrar at email@example.com or call 978-656-3418.
- Please print the Employment Permit Application for 14 through 17 Year-Olds
- Complete the application in its entirety with all required signatures.
- Scan and save the completed application.
- Scan the required backup documents.
- Complete the submission form and upload all scanned documents for processing.
Upon meeting all requirements, a PERMIT will be issued and sent back to you via the provided email address. There is a 3 business turnaround for all permit applications.
Last Updated on August 16, 2022