Special Education policies and procedures at the Lowell Middlesex Academy Charter School are guided by federal and state law. The special education department at LMACS is available by phone or appointment to provide students and families with information regarding special education services. The school encourages and supports family involvement and encourages families to attend Team Meetings and Parental Advocacy Committee (PAC) meetings. Meeting times are posted below. Families are respected as important decision makers for their children’s education and the school believes that developing school-family partnerships is critical to the success of each student. Please feel free to contact the special education staff with any issues or concerns. Contact numbers for the special education staff are listed below.
PAC (Parent Advisory Committee) Members Needed
Parents of students receiving special education services needed for meetings concerning parent’s rights, transition planning, and other topics of interest. Please consider helping LMACS to form a PAC. We need parents to become officers in the PAC and attend meetings. Please contact the Special Education Department at 978-656-3204.
Special Education Contact Information
Director of Special Education
Special Education News and Updates
- SEPAC Meeting Special Education Parent Rights Workshop May 1, 2023
- SEPAC Meeting Monday, May 1, 2023 April 14, 2023
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) April 13, 2023
- Tiered Focus Monitoring Site Visit April 5, 2023
- For Parents of Students Receiving Special Education Services September 1, 2021
- Notice of Destruction of Special Education Records June 14, 2021
- SPED PAC Members Needed March 31, 2021
Last Updated on January 5, 2023