LMACS will remain fully remote.
No in-person classes until further notice.
Dear LMACS families and staff:
I am writing to inform you that a person in our school community has tested positive for COVID-19. Your child was not a close contact and no action is needed as a close contact is defined as being within six feet cumulatively for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period. Although we cannot legally provide specific information about our school community member who tested positive, we feel it is important that you are aware of the finding and continue to closely monitor your child for any of the following symptoms.
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
As you know, we have been fully remote for several weeks and when we were in a hybrid model with in-person classes, our students and staff were closely adhering to our safety protocols of mask wearing, hand washing/sanitizing and physical distancing. We greatly appreciate your continued cooperation of keeping your child home and calling their primary doctor at the first sign of the above-referenced symptoms.
All of our health and safety protocols are guided by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Lowell Health Department and our school physician. Our entire school community of staff and families will continue to work together to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. Please do not hesitate to contact the school nurse, Amy Hendl, RN, 978-656-3461 or me, 978-656-3165 with any questions or concerns.
Margaret McDevitt, Ed.D.
Anne Monoxelos, LICSW